Monday, April 12, 2010

Bird Watching

Whenever we see birds or flowers that I don't recognize, I always want to look them up on the internet, but I rarely do. Until today... Ava and I were just lookin out the window and saw this bird...

and found out that its a Mourning Dove. We'll see what other birds we can find today on our nature walk. :)

...I started this post on Friday, and later that day we decided to walk down to the park and have a picnic. We took lots of pictures of nearby birds as we walked, but none of them really turned out. What'd ya expect from a camera phone, right? But here are some of the birds we saw:


Blackbird

House Sparrow

Anna's Hummngbird

Gambels Quail

2 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

How fun. The mourning doves are everywhere here. They are so loud. They sound like someone crying thus why they are called mourning doves - like they are mourning for the dead. I bet you have lots of pretty birds in AZ in the winter and spring since everything flies south for the winter. hehehe!

Eliza said...

What a great idea to look them up and see what kind of birds you saw. Yay for the internet! Sorry I haven't checked your blog for a while sometimes I forget since it's private :(