
Isaac had his birthday on December 18th, but I'm super behind on blogging... so I'm finally getting to writing about him!
Isaac was our 3rd baby due on Jan 3rd, but he was just too anxious to come for Christmas, and so he came exactly a week before!
December is such a crazy time of the year, so we usually try to do something for Isaac's birthday at the beginning of the month so it doesn't get skipped. Well this year, it got skipped. I actually gave Isaac the option of whether he wanted to have a small party before Christmas, or a big one after. What kid wouldn't pick the big party? So I guess I kinda tricked him into putting off his party. Since then he has asked me no less than a dozen times when his party will be. Today he asked me if he will have to wait until 2010 to have it. ;) Poor kid.

Always has a face for the camera!
Always has a face for the camera!
I always tell Isaac that he is my favorite kid. Not ever any of the others. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a favorite. But for some reason, I just feel like Isaac needs to hear that. Like he needs to know he has that special bond with me. I guess its just a middle child thing, like I'm always worried that he's not getting enough of my love and attention. It could also be that I feel so guilty for always getting upset at him since 9 times out of 10 if theres a mess, or something's broken, Isaac did it. But on the flip side, Isaac is so great! He is my sweet tenderhearted boy, who always worries so much about what I think or that I am going to be mad at him. He is deceptively very contemplative.. even though he's always on the go, bouncing off the walls, he finds time to really think deeply about things... as shown by the sweet profound questions he asks. He is a very good student in school. His kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Altstock, absolutely adores Isaac. She always tells me how helpful he is, and well behaved and smart he is as well! I have to admit, I worried that Isaac might have a hard time sitting still through kindergarten... but his teacher seemed confused when I even mentioned his "bounciness." I am so happy that he loves to learn and that he has such a wonderful teacher that knows how to peak his interest!
I've come to realize the essence of Isaac is FAST! He moves fast, he thinks fast, he learns fast, heck he even came into this world fast! I often have to remind him to slow down and do "quality work" as he says his teacher would say. I am grateful to have Isaac in our home, he's my little buddy, my tender hearted boy, and of course my little ball of energy!!
Before there were 5
Always Daddy's boy
Hangin with the bro and the cuz
Cool Isaac with little Ava
Awww... kissing their other cousin Emily, on her bday
Mr. Cool
One of Isaac's favorite pastimes... quading with Cam
His other fave... XBox 360!
7 comments:
This is a wonderful tribute to a exceptional grandson. Way to go Isaac to be the "favorite child"
Kara - what a beautiful tribute to Isaac.
I have alwasys loved Isaac's energy - and I can imagine that there is never a dull moment with him around :-)
But you are right that beneath all that boundless energy there is a kind and generous heart. I love how you told me that he always helps you by getting ready and getting in the car in the mornings without you having to "nag" him. That he just does it - without fuss - and that that is a huge help to you.
I am so glad we got to see Isaac on his birthday and were able to treat him to the "birthday bumps" :-) It is always so much fun to spend some time hanging out with you and your family.
happy birthday isaac!!! when is your party...i want to come :)
I love the picture of the cousins in their sunglasses! Kara, I sent you a blog invite. Your email got me thinking and when I found out that it was a girl at Alex's school, I freaked out. The Felt's blog is now private. I've heard the warnings, but having it happen so close to home was the last straw. Thanks for giving me the push to get it done!
Woohoo, pictures and a post. It must be my lucky day. Hey Isaac and Daniel have the same birthday. I love the pictures. Oh what a mom you are, I love everything you said about him; it made me want to cry.
Happy Birthday Isaac.
Oh Kara, reading all these posts is making me miss you guys so much. I just know that Owen and Isaac would be great friends if we still lived by each other. I can't believe how much everyone is growing up. I worry about Owen as well and it just hit me yesterday that all the tantrums that he has been having lately are probably tied to the fact that he is going through some growing pains being the middle child and that he just needs a little more love and patience from me and Kris. You always write the most beautiful posts about your children it helps me think about the wonderful things about my children. So thank you and happy late birthday to Isaac!
So fun to get to know your kids through your posts! You have such a beautiful family.
Post a Comment