Mia Bailey Sly January 15, 2008


The sad day has come. Our last baby is no longer a baby. Ok, maybe she is, but I'm having a hard time coping with her growing up... her walking, her little bit of talking, her trying to be independent of me. Well maybe not the independent part. Mia is still very glued to me all the time, especially when there are lots of people around, and she thinks they are trying to take her away. But the fact still remains that she is getting older and soon won't be my little nursing cuddly baby anymore. Thats ok, we'll have cute grandbabies someday.
Mia is a little person already. She is NOT afraid to voice her opinion. In fact, she voiced it all night tonight during dinner. Even when we were having prayer. She was letting me know she was hungry... by yelling very loudly... and didn't stop letting me know until she had had her fill of spaghetti.
She already thinks she's a big kid. She wants to go outside and play on the swingset when Isaac and Ava go out. She wants to jump on the trampoline when she sees the other kids on it. She wants to talk on the phone and control the TV (She already likes Spongebob like her brothers and sisters and loves Dora, like her big sis Ava). Her new favorite toy is the mini trampoline Isaac got for Christmas, she likes to climb up onto it, hold on to the handlebars and bounce as much as she can (which really isn't much since she doesn't weigh a whole lot... shhhhh, don't tell her!).
One of my favorite things about Mia is her blankie and her thumb sucking habit. She has these little blue fleece blankets that she likes to fall asleep with, and anytime I stick her in the crib with one of them, even if she's not happy about taking a nap, she'll grab her little blankie with her right hand and suck away with her left. And usually fall asleep pretty quickly. I love that whenever she sees one of her blankies around the house, she'll immediately grab it up, put it up to her face and start sucking her thumb! So cute. :o)
Isaac is her little clown. He bounces around and makes funny faces for her when she's upset, sometimes he may get a little out of control, but he always means well. He also likes his new found talent of being able to pick her up and move her all around the house. Ava is her little partner in crime, or else her worst enemy! I think she both loves and hates Ava the most out of all the kids. Mia gets so excited to see her in the morning, but cries and screams at her all day long when she takes her toys. Just the other day, Mia was playing with her new Dora push along car, and of course Ava was again trying to take it from her. Ava walked away for a minute, then came back, and everytime she so much as touched the little car, Mia would seriously start screaming bloody murder. Over and over again. It cracked me up! I'm so grateful to have my little Mia girl, our little Bailey Bear, in our family... she has truly brought so much laughter and happiness to each one of our lives!


10 comments:
Oh, your baby is one, that's sooo crazy! Time is flying, it's good you're at peace with it though and looking forward to
grandchildren:-) I wish I would feel like we're done. I keep having these wierd feelings like someone is missing. Kris tells me to stop feeling like that :( and I keep feeling like our family doesn't feel that big (unless of course we're at a restaurant or walking into church late or something and then it feels huge. Anyway, Mia is adorable!
wow I cant believe shes one, I just saw you guys and still cant believe it. What a sweet post. One day Mia and Ava will be best friends I bet. Happy birthday to Mia, she's such a cutie
Look at you go! I am so proud more posts!
Mia is so cute and I want to see the blankie thumb sucking thing. I love little kids that suck their thumbs.
happy birthday Mia!
i always like the pictures of her with her tu-tu on - so cute!!
Cut pics Kara. Mia surely gets plenty of attention, even when she doesn't necessarily want it! Happy Birthday Mia!
awe mia is 1!! crazy how time flies!! she is so cute
ps. i noticed you said "last baby"...ya right!!! ;)
I'm with Jenn - you don't sound very convincing.
very cute!!
i must say, i see a strong resemblence between her and ava but i bet you hear all kinds of things all the time!
What a sweet, sweet post. I love these sentiments! I totally understand, there comes a time when you see the toddler/little girl she is becoming & start to mourn those baby days. What a cutie pie she is!
(p.s. I'm slowly getting back into the blogging world, bear with me.)
Post a Comment