Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Party, Party, Halloween!

Ok, so the theme of Halloween this year was definitely party it up!  

Since we have a system of points for the kids for their behavior, we like to have a big reward every few months so they are motivated to stick with the program.  In the summer, we converted their "points" to money to spend on souveniers, and yes, some kids had more money than others because of more good behavior points.  I won't say who ;)

Since August, the kids have been collecting pumpkin points, and we told them if they each got to 600, we would have a Halloween Party!  They all did!  No easy feat.  So including the ward Halloween party, our Halloween Party, school Halloween parties, and Halloween itself, the kids were all partied out!  Well, at least Mommy was!

For our Halloween Party, we invited both of our families, a few neighbors and a few friends.  I would have loved to invite more people, but we had 65 as it was!!  It was great.  We all ate yummy Mexican food, mingled a little bit, and then got to the games.  We had apple bobbing, pumpkin painting, a pinata, face painting, carmel apple making, popcorn balls, and a costume contest at the end.  Chris did a great job coming up with awards on the spot.  And everyone looked so great in their costumes!  (including adults... thanks to those who joined in the fun and dressed up with us!)  A super thanks to everyone for bringing such great food, helping out with the activities, and coming to make our party great!  Hopefully next year we'll get to the spooky stories and have even more fun activities!

I have to mention the fun time we had at our other parties... at our ward party, we had a chili cookoff, and out of 20+ chilis, Chris's chili won!  Go Chris!!  I knew he was a good cook, but.....  ;o)

We also had a great time on Halloween, we got together and ate at Chris's sister Jen's house and went trick or treating in her neighborhood, we were a little late so some houses were out of candy (thank goodness, the kids didn't get too much candy this year, for the 1st time EVER), but since she lives in a super nice neighborhood, we got some really great candy!
p.s.  I would love any more pics from the Halloween party if people want to share!  There were some people we weren't able to get pictures of... :/

6 comments:

Jackie J said...

I'm so glad we had a chance to stop by - even if it was only for about an hour :(

You went to so much effort putting on this party and you did a fantastic job! All that decorating and organizing those fun activities - I know you worked really hard and you must be pleased that it all turned out great and that everyone had a wonderful time.

How you managed to put it all together while looking after your five kids completely amazes me!

Wish we could have stayed longer.

Jackie

sasmithfam said...

It sure was a spooktacular party. We had so much fun and we were glad to be able to come and see your family and also your house. I too am impressed that you were able to pull off such a fantabulous party with 5 kids. Thanks so much for inviting us.

The Woody's Fam said...

Looks like you had a great party! I can't believe you had 65 people at your house and then I realized it's Arizona you can be outside in October. James' 1st b-day we had 51 people; you know how it is when you come from a big close family! You have to invite everyone; we were stacking people everywhere. It was insane.

You had so many cute ideas! I love it!
PS thanks for the email. I hate that private blogs don't update on the list! One bad side to being private.

Rachel said...

Wow, Kara, what party planners! I'm super impressed by all the fun things you incorporated into your Halloween party! You are such a fun mom for those kids. They are lucky to have you!

Carol said...

such a fun party! thanks for throwing it and thanks for the invite. way to go chris on your chili!

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a very festive month!! Sounds like a ton of fun, I like your reward idea . . . e-mail me the details . . . I may steal it from you! :-)