Sunday, October 12, 2008

Joyeuse Anniversaire Ava Jolie -- 3 ans!!


Happy Birthday, Ava Jolie-- 3 years old!!  We all love you so much!
From the time I was pregnant with Ava, I knew she was going to be someone special.  I had this feeling about her... I actually started to wonder if she was going to be handicapped somehow because I just kept feeling like she was a very special spirit.   And so she is!  She brings so much happiness into our family, I can't even tell you!  She is such a good friend to everyone, always trying to help and learn and new things for herself.  And she is an amazing help to me, especially for a 2, now 3 year old... always by my side, cleaning up, putting things where they go, helping me make things, and of course wanting to be Mia's second Mommy.  Maybe Ava was to be special to our family because she was the first child that I actually realized would grow up so quickly... I cherished every moment of her babyhood, as I missed the other 3 being so small. And now she adores every moment of Mia's babyhood as we adore her growing into her childhood! Its just happening too fast though!
I can't wait to continue watching Ava grow up, learn about life and become even better friends with her baby sister Mia, as well as Maddy and the boys.  I thank my Heavenly Father for all the joy He has sent me in my life with all my children... and today I thank Him for the gift of Ava, the strong willed, sometimes shy, ever inquisitive, controlling, yet loving, little mini ballerina, Dora lover, Daddy's little princess!
WARNING:  LOTS OF PICTURES TO FOLLOW!

Always Daddy's girl... here they were enjoying the snow when she was 5 months old


Contemplating life at 6 months old


Bathtime with the whole crew (this was for photo purposes only =] )


Mommy loves Ava


Grandpa Sly loves Ava


Daddy looovvves Ava!


Maddy loves her little sister so much too...


Havin fun at Lagoon... 9 months old


On the go!  Hiking in Provo Canyon


Time for kisses from Daddy


Ava loved baths then and still does now!  She would bathe 10 times a day if she could!


Ava's 1st birthday and 1st baby doll.. she loved babies even then!


Ava's 2nd Halloween (she was only 2 weeks old on her 1st!)


Chicken pox!!  15 m0nths old


At Legoland with Goodman cousins and Isaac and Maddy- 21 months old


3rd Halloween! (Ava's pumpkin is the 2nd from the right, its carved as a bat)


Ava as Princess Dora


Happy 2nd Birthday!


Happy 3rd birthday, ballerina princess!

12 comments:

sasmithfam said...

I can't believe that she is already 3. Happy Birthday Ava! I am so glad that she is such a special addition to your family. Don't you just love those kids?

Papa Bear said...

There is no question about, Ava is a beautiful special spirit. I'm so glad she is my granddaughter.

Rachel said...

This post literally brought tears to my eyes. What sweet sentiments from a mommy to her girl! That was such a touching celebration of her life. It really does go by so fast, doesn't it. I think that's finally sinking in for me, with my three, and having them all at home with me before big bad school starts. I am soaking in these times like never before. Thanks for sharing some of that mommy spirit with the rest of us!

Sly Daddy said...

Happy Birthday beautiful!! You melt my heart. You are so sweet and pure, loving, and kind. 3 years goes by so fast, but I can't really remember you not being a part of our family. I am so proud of you, it has been so fun to watch you grow...but remember no matter how old you get, you'll always be my little girl. I love you!
~Daddy

Eliza said...

Wow! Has it been that long already. We moved a couple of months before you were due with Ava. I'm sad I don't know her better. Maybe she and Owen can get married when they grow up, he is my sweet, special spirit (well they all are, but you know what I mean) ;-) Miss you guys!

Carol said...

those were fun pictures to looks at. the chicken pox almost look fake, they are so bright red, ouch. happy birthday ava!!

Jensen Family said...

hope yuou had a good bday AVA! she is so cute :)

Jensen Family said...

oh... and i didn't know she got chicken pox!! it reminds me of the pics i have of brylee..so sad :/

The Woody's Fam said...

She is so sweet! I love that you posted tons of photos! I can't believe time goes by so fast - 3 already! Happy Birthday sweet little Ava!

Mandy said...

Happt Birthday Ava! Wow, I still can't get over how big your kids are getting!! They are all so dang cute!!

CeLeStE ROCKS!!!!!! said...

oh my gosh i luv ava so much she is so cute. tell every one i said hi!luv you all

--
celeste

Anonymous said...

that was such a cute pic of uncle chris and mia