Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cameron's Birthday


Cameron turned 9 yesterday and half his day was laid back while the other half was quite eventful. He started the day bright eyed and bushy tailed with Isaac at 5:45 a.m. And of course, being the fun Mom that I am, I let him stay home from school... and being the almost fun mom, I almost took him to lunch and quite a few other things I had planned in my mind for his day. But we ended up staying home all day while Madison was at school, and I think he quite enjoyed doing nothing (which involved wrestling and playing a lot with Isaac, destroying my room, playing computer games, watching cartoons, and eating whatever he wanted whenever he wanted). He doesn't really ever get days like that, cuz on the days he's not in school, we're either going to baseball games, going to church or doing some other family activity. He really deserved a whole day (well half anyway) of nothing. As soon as we picked Maddy up from school, they had piano lessons. After piano lessons, he had to rush home and do the homework that he hadn't done from the night before. Then we had dinner and went to his pack meeting where he got his wolf!! I was so proud of him! He has been working really hard this month, with his Dad, so that he could get his wolf by his birthday. He also earned 2 arrow points (which involves doing 10 electives for each arrow point). Good job Cameron! Grandma Jensen came over to spend the evening with us, so she got to come to Cam's pack meeting and see him get his wolf... she also brought Cameron a card with $30! Holy Cow! This is why Cameron is so rich, Grandma gives him money every year for his birthday! And he never spends it. Grandma also brought a yummy chocolate cake that we all shared... thanks Grandma! When we came home, he had to finish his homework, we had cake and ice cream, he played with his cousins for a while, we watched a video, and then went to bed at like 10! Out of habit, he wanted to stay up and read his Harry Potter book, but I made him go to sleep because he was exhausted!
Cameron and Dallin both earned awards


Pinning wolf pin on his Mommy


Proud Daddy


Grandma and Cam

8 comments:

Papa Bear said...

What a wonderful birthday day! Cameron, you are such a ducky log - my mother never let me stay home from school on my birthday. I don't think Kara's mom did either (did she?).

Anonymous said...

My birthday was usually during the summer, after school got out, so I didn't have to worry about it! But the times I do remember going to school on my birthday, I liked it cuz I was special at school and got lots of attention!

Jensen Family said...

happy bday cam!!

Carol said...

happy birthday cam and good job on your wolf. if you were in our ward you would be in jared bear den now :)

Jackie J said...

Hey Cam! - Sounds like you had a great birthday. Hope you liked the quarters - we shined them just for you :-)

Anonymous said...

What exciting things happening in your family!! Thanks for sharing them with us, Lake likes to look at all your pictures and even voted on who Mia looks the most like :)

one love. <3 said...

happy birthday cameron!!!!!

Jacob and Lauren said...

I check your blog, I just forget to leave comments! So here you go, this is your proof! lol