Ok, so I'm finally posting something new on here, I totally missed April. I feel like it always has to be a special event, but I guess not. The other day for our family home evening activity, we had an apple tasting "party." We had been talking earlier in the week about how many different kinds of apples there are and we even looked it up on the internet and we found like 50! I only felt like buying five at the store though, so I bought: Red delicious, golden delicious, gala, granny smith and pink lady (for Maddy of course, she took a liking to them on the internet as soon as she found out there were pink apples). I tried to buy ones that had the biggest variety of color. Well, it was interesting to see the different textures, flavors, etc, and we all found out that we all like golden delicious the best!! I always thought gala was my favorite and that I hated red delicious, but I was surprised. Maddy was really surprised to find out that pink lady was not her favorite! Here were the results of our little tasting test:
Kara-
1. Golden Delicious
2. Gala
3. Red Delicious
4. Pink Lady
5. Granny smith
Cameron-
1. Golden Delicious
2. Gala
3. Pink Lady
4. Granny Smith
5. Red Delicious
Madison-
1. Golden Delicious & Red Delicious
2. Gala
3. Granny Smith & Pink Lady
Isaac-
1. Golden Delicious
2. Gala
3. Pink Lady
4. Granny Smith
5. Red Delicious
(yea, Chris was too cool to participate and Ava was already in bed)
In order of Camerons most to least favorite
Maddy taking detailed notes
Isaac's favorite part- Cinnamon rolls for dessert!
7 comments:
Creative way to get kids to eat apples and learn something new and fun. Great job on taking notes, Maddy! :)
sounds like a great family home evening :)
- carol
Fun! I want to try that pink apple!
That is such a cute idea!! I LOVE Maddy's note taking, I guess we can really trust her outcome! I think I will be stealing this idea from you, I LOVE IT!!
I suppose we will start hearing descriptions like "tart but sweet", "arromatic yet deminishing in its flavor", "a country expression of sincere apple hues while still sensing an overtone of wooden basket". Maybe you should start a apple tasting magazine. You are such a fun Mom!
Cute Activity!!! Your kids just keep getting cuter!!! All my kids wanted to say "Hello" to you all!
cute pics!!!
Post a Comment