Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Dog Lucky

So at some point of almost every day I think about how I could just open the front door and let Lucky run away and hopefully never come back. I always tell Chris how she's too much work, especially when he's out of town. Sometimes its like having 6 kids instead of 5. But I have to admit I don't hate every part of taking care of her. I secretly love when I have to take her outside to go potty. Especially first thing in the morning. I love the chill in the air and the sense of calm as she runs around the backyard in the same predictable way. Its a little escape I get from the madness inside the house, if even just a few moments. And its secretly theraputic when she lays on her back and I get to rub her belly. She is so calm in those moments, I think it kinda calms me down too.

Shhhh, don't tell anybody. Especially Chris.

2 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

That is so funny! I am glad to see you blogging again. I miss seeing what the Sly Seven is up to!

Eliza said...

Oh, we tried to have a dog once but I couldn't handle having another child :( It sounds like you are a good sport though and really do secretly love having another kid :)

P.S. I'm soooooo glad that you're blogging again!!!