Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Mia!!


Although its actually Chris's bday I had to honor my little baby today. Are 2 year olds still considered babies?? Well she is to me. She's still young enough to not really understand what her birthday is. We kinda took advantage of that fact and didn't do a whole lot as far as parties and presents go. We did have cupcakes and sing happy birthday on Sunday, and she really liked that. She got a pretty dress from Grandma J and a cute clown from Grandpa Sly, Siwi, and Colbie, and a forthcoming present from Papa. We gave her a trip to Sonic for her favorite thing... an ice cream cone. Oh we also went through the car wash drive through, which she screamed the whole time (crying, not laughing).

No matter what, Mia is so happy all the time. She loves schedules and familiarity. Give her a fuzzy blankie and a bottle of milk and she'll fall asleep just about any where. And she has her "favorites" of things to recognize wherever we go. Stars are a big one. She seems them EVERYWHERE... even if they are little tiny. She also loves seeing ice cream cones, yes they are still on her favs list. Her new one is slides. I knew she loved slides when she would point them out at every park we passed by in the car, but now she seems them in every thing. She brought me this tiny piece of plastic, which must have been part of a hairclip or something, and because it curved a little, she set it down on the counter, slid her finger down it and enthusiastically said "lide!!" She is also as excited as ever everytime Dora comes on, and tells us, Mommy, Dora!! or Daddy, Dora!! as if its the first time we have ever seen the show. And she always greets us with a Hi Ma! Hi Da! Hi A-a! every single morning. Oh how we love her.

dress from Gramma

feedin her baby in the car


cu-cake!
HaPpY BirThDAy MiA!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Mia! ICe cream cones are the best :)

Happy birthday Chris!

The Woody's Fam said...

She is so cute. I can't believe she is 2. I think the baby in the family is the baby forever so I think it is fine to call her your baby until she is like 60; then you'll have to stop.

Eliza said...

Oh man, I cannot believe she is 2!! And Colby is almost 18 months, where does the time go? Are you sure you're done having kids? Just kidding. She is such a cutie!

sasmithfam said...

Wow!! Yes, 2 year olds are babies! Take advantage while they are young, they don't really care what their birthday entails anyway. She is a little cutie!

Sean & Meagan said...

I can't believe she's 2 already!!!!! That's so wonderful! I need to see you guys!!! Love ya!