
I know it has been almost a month since Madison's baptism, but it has been hard for me to get around to writing this post. I think because I just have so many thoughts and feelings about Madison's baptism and my little girl turning 8!
First of all, I want to say how happy I am to see the young lady Madison has become. She is very independent and confident, friendly and helpful, compassionate and tender. A few months before Madison's baptism, I had been reading and pondering about the importance of self discovery and self learning in children's education. I thought a lot about how this applied to Madison as she has made the choice to be baptized. I told her now that she has made such a big choice, she has also taken on more responsibility. I told her I was now going to let her do a lot more things on her own... I don't really remember what I was referring to at the time, but as we had this discussion, I really felt the importance of letting go and treating her more like the young lady she has become. I have a tendency to want to do too many things for my kids, sometimes out of "saving" them, and making sure they get it done, and sometimes out of sheer impatience! And Madison thrives on independence, so I've really been trying to give that to her more! We've been spending more time together lately doing some of her favorite things, like baking, doing makeovers, nails, hair, reading and fun art projects-- and I've really enjoyed getting closer to my little Madison.
Madison's baptism was beautiful. She was baptized with another girl, Leah, and it was kind of fun because Madison and Leah are friends.

Madison, Leah, Leah's mom and I sang I Am a Child of God for the special musical number. The girls sang the first verse by themselves at the beginning and the end, they sounded so sweet and beautiful! I really enjoyed being able to help Madison get ready after she got baptized and talk to her about her feelings and tell her how proud I am of her! Ella took a picture of us in the bathroom right after Madison got baptized, when she was perfect! :o)
Madison's Aunt Jen (Goodman) gave a talk on baptism and it was very sweet. Papa Jensen led the music and Grandma Jensen said the prayer. We are so blessed to have so much family around to support and love us... thanks everyone for being a part of the wonderful day!








Madison, Leah, Leah's mom and I sang I Am a Child of God for the special musical number. The girls sang the first verse by themselves at the beginning and the end, they sounded so sweet and beautiful! I really enjoyed being able to help Madison get ready after she got baptized and talk to her about her feelings and tell her how proud I am of her! Ella took a picture of us in the bathroom right after Madison got baptized, when she was perfect! :o)
Madison's Aunt Jen (Goodman) gave a talk on baptism and it was very sweet. Papa Jensen led the music and Grandma Jensen said the prayer. We are so blessed to have so much family around to support and love us... thanks everyone for being a part of the wonderful day!

before and after with Daddy



Maddy with her sweet brothers

with all the girls cousins (minus Mia and Colbie)
Now here are some sweet memories of Madison over the last few years!

Dance recital 2005

what can I say, we only had one bathtub ;)

With cousin Emma 2005

Madison was student of the month in Kindergarten
Provo Canyon 2006


Sassy pants
Christmas 2007

The Sly family girls

Madison's 6th birthday

Madison's 7th birthday





7 comments:
i enjoyed looking at all the pictures of maddy. she is a cutie.
I loved the post. What a good Mom!
such cute pics of maddy!
Such a lovely young lady - inside and out.
Oh man, I hate how they have to grow up!!! But she is so cute! Congrats on the baptism, I can't believe she's already 8, that means Gracie will be too soon. It was fun to see how much she has changed even in just the last couple of years.
Congrats Maddy! What a gorgeous girl!
I enjoyed being with you at your baptism, Maddy. I love all of the pictures of you--you're beautiful!
Post a Comment