That night I went to my Mom's house to spend some time with her, and not feel so lonely. Just before I was leaving to come home, I got a phone call from my sister in law saying that her husband, Eran, had gone to our house to pick something up and the alarm had been going off! He went home to find out the code and when he came back, the police were at our house, and they found 2 windows open, which weren't open when we left! We never figured out who was there, or what they were trying to do, but we came to find out that they came in through the garage and opened 2 different windows to try to get out, probably because Eran showed up right after they did and freaked them out. Thanks Eran. Thank goodness they didn't take anything... and good thing I actually set the alarm that night! Well, I was too freaked out to go home and sleep by myself, so I went to sleep at Eran and Michelle's house, since they just live down the street, and our kids go to the same school.
Once we got the first set of kids off at 7:30 (Cameron and McKenna have a later schedule they don't go to school until 11 am), we were hanging out with the other kids in Michelle's room and Cameron suddenly got excited about something, jumped to the end of the bed and banged his head right on the bed frame... with an apparently very sharp edge. He only screamed a little, so I thought it wasn't a big deal, but then Michelle grabbed him and looked at me and said, oh man, thats bad!!! I thought she was just trying to freak me out cuz Cameron seemed so calm and unaffected. And then I saw his face. Gashed open and covered in blood. 'Uh... yea, he needs stitches...' which I am usually one to downplay injuries, so you know it was bad! We finally got him to Urgent Care a few hours later, where he got 5 stitches. He was so brave except for the part where the Dr kept jabbing the needle deep into his wound to try to numb it. Cameron does not like needles. And needless to say McKenna, who was watching in horror as he squirmed around and then as the Dr sewed his head up like a quilt, said she never, ever wants to have to get stitches! And even though it was kind of a stressful weekend, Michelle and I decided that all in all it was kind of a fun day, going to the mall, going out to lunch, getting out of work, school, and driving home in the rain. She told Cameron, thanks for gashing your head open so we could have a fun day!
I don't have a picture of Cameron with his stitches, but did I mention this is the year of the facial injuries for Cameron? This was from our Utah trip in July... I'm happy to report no major scars!
8 comments:
OH Kara, what an awful couple of days! I am so sorry to hear of all of your mishaps! Poor Cameron! A couple months ago we went to the ER TWICE in ONE day - both for Carter - TWO DIFFERENT injuries. It was horrible and when they are sticking the numbing meds in and sewing them up, as a mom, I felt so helpless! I wanted to hold my baby and comfort him, but instead, I ended up helping them hold him down. You are SO BRAVE Cameron. I am happy your house is untouched and nothing is gone! How scary! I hope your luck starts turning around! Love, Lacee
I love that you have Michelle so close!!! Have I mentioned she is one of my FAVORITE people in this world?? I don't know exactly what it is but I am drawn to her and I think about her all the time, I love funny people so maybe that is a big piece of it. So as far as the game show I leave tomorrow and I will actually be holding a suitcase and if I don't get picked to play I will be on tv for five days holding a suitcase...........with my track record that is a recipe for disaster I know I will be pulling the perfect gas face when the camera pans to me!!! lol......I will keep you posted on the airing days!!!
WOW!! What an eventful week you've had!! Glad to hear all is well! I know how it is when your husband is gone - Shayne's gone ALL the time! If it's not work, it's hunting trips!! Remember, I'm just a few minutes away if you ever need me!!! :)
Wow! Isn't having 5 kids enough excitement. You had to go and have someone break into your house. How did they get in? I am so sorry to hear about Cameron. I have had my kids do the same things on our furniture. I have seen it in action but wasn't able to stop it. I do not like it when they get facial or head wounds. I tend not to downplay those ones. I really want to come and see you and your house sometime. Just let me know when is a good time (Tues. or Thurs. preferably) as well as when there won't be any "unwanted visitors" I would be a total fraidy cat.
Oh Kara, that is too much craziness! I would never want to sleep alone in my house again. At least you have an alarm. Poor Cameron, no fun, well maybe a little bit of fun for a kid, kind of a novelty. I remember I always wanted to break a bone as a kid, is that sick and twisted? Owen is our injury prone kid, he's had stitches and staples. Funny story about the staples- a couple of months after he got them out they were making crowns at church and the teacher said she needed to staple them and he freaked out and said he didn't want staples in his head! I was laughing hysterically when she told me.
That is terrible! I am glad to hear everything is on the up and the injury/break in are more stories now that nightmares!!! You are one brave lady!
Be careful Cam! No more injuries, please! :)
Oh my gosh! Most of my worst nightmares rolled into one! I am glad that you guys are all doing o.k. and that Cameron isn't to seriously hurt. Yikes. I bet you are glad that couple of days is over!!
Post a Comment