Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School!



Wow, this summer sure went by fast! Probably because the kids were only out of school for about 5 weeks! It sure was a fun summer though. Right after we came back from our vacation to Park City, UT (which I have yet to blog about), we had a few days to get the kids all ready for their first day of school! School supplies, the rest of their school clothes, meeting their teachers, getting stuff for lunches, all that fun stuff in a 3 day marathon. My favorite part of getting ready was the Father's blessings that Chris gave the kids. It was wonderful to hear all the special qualities and upcoming opportunities each one of my school age kids have. It was especially hard, of course, to see my little Isaac head of to Kindergarten for the first time... it never gets easy to send your baby of to school, whether its your first or your 3rd! (or 8th, I've heard =]) But Isaac was cool and collected, like it was no big deal to go to kindergarten... just another day in the life. I'm so proud of him. I just can't believe how quickly he has grown up! He's still such my little baby boy... I just love listening to the funny things he says and the amazing questions that come out of his mouth. I can't wait to see him grow and learn through the upcoming years of school... or, well, maybe I can! :) I do miss having him at home all day, but I'm glad he's only gone half the day. I just can't believe I have more in school than at home now!



                           Doesn't he look so grown up and ready to go?


                  Just chillin, while everyone else tries to find their seats :)

9 comments:

Papa Bear said...

Mile stones are great except for one thing - IT MEANS YOU'RE GETTING OLDER! Boy this life is short - but it sure is wonderful being surrounded by families like yours.

Carol said...

3 down, 2 to go :) j/k. your kids look cute in their first day of school outfits!

Jacob and Lauren said...

I love Maddy's little vest! I need to get me one of those ha ha. They all look great. Must be a little bit quieter around the house now, huh?

sasmithfam said...

Can you beleive it? Kids just grow up way too fast. They all look so cute. How long has it been since I met you? Weren't Maddy and Braeden babies? Time flies when you are having fun. Good times!

sasmithfam said...

ok i hate it when things are spelled wrong, i know believe is spelled wrong in my comment above. I just had to say that. :)

Eliza said...

Awww, the first day of school. I only have 3 more days to suffer through(ha,ha). We start on Wednesday and it sounds like our summer has been a lot longer than yours. It'll be nice to have things settle down again before baby comes. I'll still only have 2 in school though. But maybe it'll be good for Rex to still have Owen to play with. Your kids look adorable. Matthew misses Cameron, he was looking at the pics with me.

hansen family said...

How fun!!!! Gage thinks that Isaac looks really cool =) Good luck in this school kids!!! Gage is at Harmon the school in my neighborhood, I didn't want to drive to Eduprise for just 3 hours. I think it's too far. We might go next year.

Trish said...

Kara~

I'm the girl with the Divinity vs. Darwinism post. I looked through your contacts and don't know the people you know, so I don't know how you stumbled upon me either, but I am glad you did! You are always welcome on my extremely random-subject blog! Anyhow, just want to stop by and thank you for your kind comment and return one: You have a beautiful family!

Again, thanks!

Trish Kobialka

The Herberts said...

Kara, I can't believe Issac is already in Kindergarten. I thought he was Austin's age and had another year. Austin and Carter are starting school here pretty shortly - 1/2 days 4 days a week. I don't know what I'm going to do at home by myself!?! :{ We need to get together!!!!!!!!