Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Daily Thanksgiving
I love this video. I really love the talk it was based on, and in fact we had a FHE on it last week... "Live in Thanksgiving Daily," by Elder Joseph B Wirthlin. The thing I loved the most about this talk is the idea that truly happy people are truly grateful people. They take the time to notice the blue sky, the red leaves and the white clouds. They rejoice in the many things Heavenly Father has provided for them to experience. Even trials. I can say I have had moments of rejoicing in trials, but more often than not I tend to feel sorry for myself. For me, this always results in unhappiness. Always. But focusing on lessons learned and blessings gained always results in happiness. Satan would have us believe that "looking out for ourselves" would bring us happiness. It doesn't. Rejoicing in blessings causes us to want to share the love we feel and the blessings we have with others. And this brings more gratitude and happiness... into our lives and into the lives of others. What a wonderful plan right?
I am grateful at this time of year for so many things. Before I quit facebook last week, I was trying to post something each day that I was grateful for. It was fun to see the little beauties and joys I experienced every day. Even going and getting ice cream at McDonalds with my mom at 10 at night. :) I believe we can make any experience a memorable experience.... and many moments learning moments for ourselves and our children. I love life. It has so much to offer. So many people to love, so many lives to touch, so much good to do and experiences to help us help others and bond us through trials. Heavenly Father has blessed me with many such people, so many loving hearts and hands that have added gold threads to my tapestry of life. I know, I'm cheesy. But I truly feel an overflow of love and gratitude in my heart for personal lessons of love from the Lord as I go through my life. I only hope I can show this love to others in need and listen closely to that quiet, sometimes almost muted voice urging me on to be there for others.
Thank you to most of you who have been those such people. I love you. Happy Turkey Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I have been wondering how you and yours have been doing. Since I quit fb I feel like I am out of the loop, but it is nice to not be so addicted to what is going on too. I hope you guys are doing well and that things are looking up in the job department. Daniel’s job has slowed with the season and that puts me on pins and needles all over again. But I guess it is in the Lord’s hands and I need to be looking at today and how blessed I am.
Beautiful post, thank you for a little more perspective to take into this holiday weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Love that video! You are totally right, gratitude totally changes attitude. :)
You rock gorgeous cousin o' mine!
Kara, you are such an amazing person! This post was so beautifully written. I am so blessed to know you. You give the best advice and set such a great example. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that everything is going well for you guys. Thanks for being my friend! Let's get together again sometime soon!
Beautiful post Kara - thanks for sharing. I so miss talking with you, you have such great insights and thoughts about things.
Have a lovely weekend.
thanks for your thoughts, kara. i always like to hear your insights.
great post kara!
I love this post Kara. We all have so much to be thankful for and so many people who have blessed us by being there for us.
Thanks for the reminder to look a little harder and recognize ALL the things we have to be grateful for!
Now that you have given up FB, I need to check your blog out more often. What a beautiful post. Thank-you for lifting my day by sharing your thoughts and this video. I had never seen it before.
No posts lately. I know, crazy life gets in the way. I just recently updated a lot on our blog. Anyhow, we need to get together soon and have a GNO. Great post too!! It is always great to remember everything we need to be thankful for.
Post a Comment