Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Alphabet Game

Did any of you ever play the alphabet game while on trips when you were a kid? Not the one where you find letters on the side of the road, but the one where you start with I'm going on a trip and I'm bringing.....
Chris taught the kids this game while we were on vacation in Utah this summer. Madison decided she wanted to play when we were on the way to the pumpkin patch yesterday. It kinda fizzled out but Cameron and I played on the way home and we made it all the way to Z right as we were pulling in the driveway. :) I thought it would be fun to remember our silliness...

(Cam started with A and we did every other letter...)

I'm going on a trip and I'm bringing...

Airplane
Beaver
Cameron
Dumplings
Elephant
Fish net stockings
Giraffe
Ho hos
Isaac and the whole gang
Jar of Jelly
Kick boxer
Liger
Ostrich that lays 100 ft eggs
Porcupine
Queen of France
Red Rooster
Space Suits
Toulouse-Lautrec
Up and Down Escalator
Volumizing Conditioner
Wet Willy
Xanthan gum
Yak with yoyo
Zelda

That was a fun time with Cam. We got more and more creative as we went along as you can see. :)

Today I started thinking about things I would really want to take with me if I were going away for a while. I wanted to make my own list... things that I am thankful for and are the most important to me. :)

Ava
Books
Chris and Cameron and creativity
Discipline
Excitement
Friendship, forgiveness, and faith
Gospel
Heavenly Father
Isaac
Jesus Christ
Kara (who I really am and want to be)
Love
Madison and Mia and memories
Optimism
Parents that love me
Quirkiness
Readiness (being prepared)
Scriptures and spontaneity
Testimony
Understanding
Vault of cash :)
Wisdom
Xtra patience
Yummy food
Zooming car :)

and so much more I am sure but that was kinda fun. :)

5 comments:

Carol said...

ya i like the last few items the best :)

The Woody's Fam said...

Ha, I need to play that with my kids in the car - they drive me nuts sometimes asking toooooo many questions and this would make them think. Thanks for the idea.

I hope all is well and you are surviving this trial! I think that is awesome you came up with a little more than 26 things you are thankful for - maybe I'll have to try that one too.

Staci Kramer said...

You are adorable! I want a vault of cash too and I love that you put Kara on the list. I would put Kara on my list too in the K spot, although the kickboxer is pretty awesome.

Staci Kramer said...

comments have to be approved!?!? You're so paranoid! Don't approve this comment. I'm just messing with you.

DHemsath said...

So, is it just me or are you not bringing anything with an N? Oh wait. I guess you're bringing "Nothing" for N. Makes sense why it got left out then. :-) Seriously, between Mia and optimism... what would you bring? Nougat? Nickels? North American Cuisine? I'm curious to know.