I guess we had a pretty fun Valentines/Presidents Day weekend. Well, at least we actually took pictures of our fun. ;)
Sunday we gave the kids some Valentine treats from the Valentine "Phantom" a tradition my parents used to have with us kids growing up. He rings the doorbell, leaves treats, and mysteriously vanishes before anyone can catch him! Maddy said the Phantom's real name is Cupid. (sorry no pics of Cupid or the treats).
Monday, after we did a lot of laundry and room cleaning, we went on a hike in the San Tan Mountains, like 10 minutes away from our house, with Eran, Michelle and their kids. I think this is only the second time we have hiked these mountains in the 3 years we have lived here. Why don't we go more often? I don't know I guess we only think about hiking once every few years. I think we'll try to go a few more times before the cool weather is gone. Anyone who wants to come with us is welcome!! We need some good motivation for excercise. ;)
I put both pictures in cuz I thought this second was so cute... Mia was being shy about smiling for the camera so she was leaning into Ava for comfort. :o)
After we had yummy BBQ chicken that Chris did on the grill, we got out the Valentines candy making kit we had gotten for the kids. We had a lot of fun making the candy... and a lot more fun eating it!!
5 comments:
Hey the Valentine Phantom (fairy in our house) comes too. It must be a Jensen family thing. My Mom always just used to give us our candy before school. I love doing the door bell thing - sooo much more fun. The boys even got to ring the door bell this year.
your candy looks yummy! jared has never told me about the valentine phantom before...i will have to ask him about it. the hike sounds fun - i cant wait for the day when my twins are old enough to go on hikes!
So fun! Looks like you have done a few posts yourself. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I have been doing posts for awhile and then just recently (the last few months) added pics to them. Some pics were on the regular computer and others were on the labtop. So fun to at least see each other on blogs but seriously, we need to get together. My baby is already 2 months (yesterday). I would love to go hiking sometime as long as you don't see any slithery or creepy creatures. ;)
mmm... yummy and CUTE candy!!!
bryant just barely told me about the valentine phantom, which happened to be on the same day that i read that in norfolk a character called jack knocks on doors and leaves candy for the children, and it oftentimes scares the children. then bryant confessed that the phantom did in fact scare him a little when he was younger. that's fun that you're carrying on that tradition.
and that's a very cute pic of mia hiding behind ava
What a great idea! Love how cute and fun that candy you guys made looks! Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment