Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Activities and such

Today we had some fun doing some games for Sunday activities... Chris actually found them on the church website here... under "Fun with Games." They had a lot of great ideas! The first game we played was called what animal am I? I thought it would be kinda boring for Cameron, but the kids all got into it! The game is basically acting out an animal and each child guessing. Pretty basic but lots of fun! Then we played another one called "The Old Hen and the Chickens" which kind of way too easy for the kids to guess. But still fun. :) Then we cut out puzzles from magazine pictures, exchanged them and put them together, and ate the brownies that Michelle brought over and the cookies that our home teacher brought over! It was fun watching the kids have such a great time together, especially without watching TV all day (not that there was NO TV all day, but just that it wasn't ALL day at least ;) )
Another thing happened that I couldn't pass up mentioning. When I was putting Isaac to bed, we were talking about the temple and he told me "I remember watching you get married in the temple when I was in Heaven, and I wore fancy shoes." I had to just laugh! And a little part of me wondered if maybe he really did remember. He said he remembered seeing all that "white fluffy wedding stuff on my head and that dad had hair. And that he would not have remembered Dad having hair if he didn't see it in heaven. " And then I thought, well you've seen pictures of Dad with hair!! As if it was such a novel idea that Chris ever had hair... And then I asked him if his shoes were fancy white and he said no fancy black. Then we were talking about how spirits can be here on earth... that maybe Grandma is here with us sometimes watching us. And Isaac said he thinks he came down from Heaven for the wedding but he wasn't sure if he was just watching it from up there the whole time. ;)

3 comments:

Carol said...

oh that is a totally cute story! isaac is a sweetheart for sure!

Papa Bear said...

So.. what is your final conclusion about Isaac watching the wedding from heaven?

taryn said...

Isaac is so cute!