Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lucky

Monday was a very busy and eventful day in our family.  It was the kids' last day of Spring Break, and we spent it running around town (all 6 of us), dentist appt for Isaac, a visit to Sister Taylor, WalMart, and I'm sure some other very important places that I can't remember at the moment.  Chris was gone most of the day, and when he wasn't home at 6:30 like he said he would be, or 7, or 7:30, I was starting to worry.  He didn't even answer his phone... unusual for Chris.  Well, I finally talked to him about 7:40, and when asked what he was doing all that time, he just gave me a very vague, oh, just picking something up for the kids.... as if he were stopping at QT to get some candy or somethin.  Right away I knew what he was up to... my suspicions were confirmed when he came home with a little 8 week old Cocker Springer Spaniel!  The brat!  He knew I could never say no once my kids saw that sweet little thing and once I saw their joyous little faces.  I have to say I was pretty infatuated myself.  She is such a sweet, affectionate puppy, I have really enjoyed her over the last few days.  And, of course the kids, who have been begging for a puppy since they could talk, have been in heaven all week.  Oh, Lucky.  Thats her name, and yes, we are very lucky, too. :)

Asleep in my lap with the little pink sweater I bought her today. :o)  This picture is from my phone... I have some others on my camera that I may get around to posting eventually

10 comments:

taryn said...

I can't wait to come and see your cute little Lucky! How fun for your kids!

sasmithfam said...

She is cute...however I think that the biggest obstacle to a dog for my kids is one that has to go inside, i just cringe at the thought of a dog inside my house, i am not exactly sure why, just kindof weird i guess...

Jackie J said...

Kara - you caved!! Didn't we just have the dog conversation a couple of weeks ago?!?! ;-)

Well, I must say that Lucky looks very cute and I know the kids must be thrilled with the new addition to the family.

Papa Bear said...

...and of course Mom doesn't have to take care of Lucky because all the kids will always be there to do it.......

Kara said...

Yes, of course the kids will always clean up after Lucky. ;) They have done really well so far, especially Cameron, he's been awesome! Lets hope he keeps his enthusiasm as the newness wears off!

Eliza said...

What a cute little puppy! Have fun with your new baby!?! Good luck! At least she won't get too big, right?

one love. <3 said...

very cute!! its always a fun memory for kids to grow up with a dog!

Mandy said...

Such a cute dog! I'd say if you bought Lucky a sweater, you are won over as well! :)

Rachel said...

Wow, if my Chris had done that he would've been in BIG trouble! Lately he's been taking the girls to the local pet shop & we all fell in love with a mini dachshund puppy. The girls even named her (Rosebud) and she'd fall asleep in out laps. After we cried when she was sold I said no more doggie outings! Babies at this point are more than enough for me. But, Lucky is completely adorable & I can see how you've all lost your hearts to her!
p.s. I'm glad you're keeping up your blog! I can understand, it's such a hate/love thing for me. But I love that I've gotten to know you, my own cousin, through the blogging world!

Staci Kramer said...

Kara, I love your blog! I never see it because its private, but when I do it is so much fun. The dog is adorable. We are big dog people so I think its going to be great. Dogs are good for kids! Talk to you soon!