Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Water Day!

I guess I've gotten kinda lazy since summer vacation started cuz its been a few weeks since our fun family water day, and I'm just barely posting about it! Chris had taken the boys (Cameron and Isaac) on the boat for Fathers Day, with his dad, and so the next day, Saturday, since the girls wanted to have some fun with Daddy too, he took them (Maddy and Ava) to the store to buy some fun water activities for the backyard. They got a few pools and some wacky sprinklers to run through, plus pizza and treats!



Chris and I planned on letting the kids have all the fun, but by the time he had set everything up, Chris was soaked!

He started having a water fight with the boys,


(gotta love the boys plumber action goin on here... and yes they both got their hineys burned)

then jumped on the trampoline with the sprinklers running underneath, and it looked like so much fun that I had to join in, too!


We took a break to have some pizza and soda outside on the patio, then some yummy cookies when we were all done.

Mia had fun, too, but zonked out about half way through....


sleepin away as usual :)

10 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

Great way to survive the heat! Looks like fun. I almost have the list complete so I can email it to you. My email is woody96@mstarmetro.net if you want to email me your email address I will finally forward the long awaited list! I am such a slow poke about things sorry!

Papa Bear said...

That certainly looks like a hoot. It looks like it needed some papa supervision though!

Jacob and Lauren said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Mia is getting so big! How come you aren't in any of the pictures?!

Mandy said...

So much fun! I love reading your posts because I like to steal you fun ideas of things to do with your kids!! Looks like you had a blast, holy cow though, it must have been hot out there!! I have heard of the 115 degree weather!! It's a little cooler here!!

Martinez Family said...

How fun!! You're just like me... always behind the camera & never in the pictures!! We've got to work on that!! :)

Karen said...

I wouldn't mind having a family water day every day! I can barely handle the mid 90's, I dunno how you handle the AZ heat! (Oh, and Mia has the cutest little rolls, sigh, so darling!)

Carol said...

looks like tons of fun. we have some of the same sprinklers as you do on our trampoline...we must be twins.

one love. <3 said...

aww youre such a fun mom and dad!!

the speers said...

what perfect activities for hot arizona!! i want to play!!! your baby is getting so big!!!

Jensen Family said...

how fun! look at all your kids! crazy! must be fun to just sit back and watch them play together. mia looks so big sitting in her seat!! speaking of that cute as a button shirt.... i dunno where brylees is!!! i wonder if i accidentally packed it somewhere!! uh oh.... my prego brains aren't very good