Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Chris!









We have had a lot of fun taking trips this year... and we realized most of them have been to California! Probably because it has some of our favorite destinations!
We started of the year celebrating Chris's 31st birthday (Jan 2oth) by heading to the LA area, to go to Magic Mountain and Universal Studios! I wanted to take him somewhere special this year for his birthday since we didn't plan any fun getaway for his 30th last year (Ava was only 3 months old, but we did go on a hot air balloon ride... that was great!) I guess this was just a good excuse to get away from the kids and have some fun couple time together! Unfortunately, I twisted my ankle pretty severely about a week before while playing at the park with the kids... but we went anyway. And we still had fun! We drove up to the gates of Magic Mountain Friday morning, only to realize it was only open on the weekends... Good thing we came on a weekend! We were able to go the next day... and we really enjoyed Universal Studios on Friday, especially since it was the first time either one of us had been! Magic Mountain was also a first for us, and was the main destination on our trip, but we actually enjoyed our day at Univ. Studios more, MM's rides seemed so repetitive... we got kinda sick and bored after a few hours.... and went home early.
While in LA, we also visited Beverly Hills, Malibu, Hollywood, and the LA Temple. I included a few pictures from the beach in Malibu, as well as one from Hollywood (which was so much dirtier and run down than I would have expected!), and one from the LA temple. We really enjoyed all of our adventures that weekend, and didn't want to come home! (except to see, the kids of course... welll maybe :o) )

5 comments:

bryant said...

well you have certainly had an adventurous year!

Kara said...

thanks bryant, still more to come, this is just the first installment... :)

Jensen Family said...

that looks like a fun trip! that was one sweet birthday present!! good one kara :)

Gramma J said...

Looks like you two had a great time in CA! Can I go with you next time?! I love Universal Studios and the CA beaches!

Jackie J said...

I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time. Universal Studios sure is a great place to spend a day - (or two!)
I completely understand wanting to travel to California so much - there sure are some beautiful places there. One of my favorites is Balboa Park in San Diego - oh, how I wish we were there right now . . . .